Tuesday 19 January 2016

Stories inspired by old photos: Free time



FRANCE
     
When I was in primary school;during the first,second and third grades, my friends and I used to play cards while boys prefered kicking the ball. During lunch break, we had fun together and we used to run , laugh and just be really happy.
      Now in middle-schol, girls enjoy chatting, talking about their daily lives and feelings. Sports out of school are quite time-consuming. Boys, however, have not changed since the primary!
      We tell ourselves that in a few years, when we will be in high-school, we will be more mature but our hobbies will remain the same. We will keep on practising sports and talking together.

Léane Quennet / Clara Cousin / Chiara Ibres


ITALY
     
     I still remember that sunny afternoon when staying at home was quite impossible.
I called my friends and we didn’t know what to do … when suddenly I had a fun  idea! Why not invent a new game ?
     We went to the school courtyard and we found some little stones along the pavements, which were the remains of an old wall. We decided to bring a shoelace and a little piece of wood. We tied both end point of the shoelace to the piece of  wood . We picked up many little stones and we played to “The fastest stone“
It was a very amusing afternoon!

Giorgio Mollica / Alessia Ruscica


SPAIN
     
     In the picture there are some children playing marbles in a street of what I think is a village, as the road is unpaved and there is a very old fence. The picture must be old, because children nowadays don’t wear that kind of clothes.
     Today, children don’t play marbles or hide-and-seek in the street. They stay at home instead, playing with their consoles or chatting in the social networks.
     It’s a pity that children don’t know how to enjoy themselves the way their parents, or even grandparents, used to do, when they stayed out late playing in the street and then returned home, their clothes covered with dust and dirt, and consequently were given a dressing-down by their parents.
     I believe that children would grow up better playing in the street with a ball than staying at home watching a smartphone or TV screen.

Nadya Sergeeva



GERMANY

The Light in the darkness

Hope.  I think that´s the reason why we all are here. We hope, that our lifes will be like they were once. Before the war .We lost so much. He promised it. He promised me that he´ll come back. And god damn it I believed him. I really thought that he won`t leave me. I mean he never broke a promise before. And he never will again… I remember the first day I met him. For me it feels like it happened yesterday, but in reality it was years ago. I think we were about 7 years old… I went home alone. Like I usually did. I didn`t wanted to play with the other kids. I heard them laugh ,scream and talk but I never was a part of all this. Because I thought that I would in the end lose them all. Like I lost my mother. I still couldn`t believe that she died. She always seemed so healthy and full of live…I wanted her back. I missed her. I missed it how she always was there for me. How she learned with me for my class tests .I even missed it how she always remembered me to do my homework. I really wanted to cry but my face stayed emotionless. I don’t want friends I don’t need some that was what I told myself. I loved reading,. The world that books showed me were so amazing. The stories told about heroes, love, fights, kindness, brave people, how dreams come true, a better world and about justice…,Hello !” I suddenly heard a happy voice. I turned around and saw a boy who was about 7 years old, like me. ,, My name is Nate! And what`s your name?” I didn´t answer… I was confused. Why does he talk to me ? I asked myself usually the other kids just ignore me.,, So you don`t talk much do you?” he asked me still smiling. ,, You are always alone so I thought that you might need a friend…”he said. I looked at him usually I just would say that I want to be alone, but his eyes were full of hope I couldn`t say that. ,, Do you want to walk with me together home I am new here so I need a friend too.” I nodded I didn’t know why .,,May” I said. ,, that´s my name.” ,, Okay May do you want to play with me? We could play right here on the street!.” He said with a smile on his face. We both forgot that we had to go home for us that fact didn’t matter. So we started playing our stupid games. I think we played that he was a hero and I the evil one and we were fighting or something like that. The other people who saw us were just smiling. For them we were just children who are playing on a street. From that day we were friends. I never thought that I could be so happy without Mom. I started to get more friend at least we were about 5 kids. Nate, Louis ,Lionel, Nick and I. We played everyday at the same place on a street we sat on the ground imagend that we were heroes, safed the world or fight against the dark or we just told each other stories while we sat on the street. We were a good team. Well, we got older. And we went to different schools. But we still were friends. We met each other at the same place like years ago. But not as often as we did when we were kids. And at least we stopped meeting each other. Sometimes I asked myself what happened to them. We all started life our own lives like it sometimes happens when kids grow up. But I still went to the place where we played when we were kids. It never changed. It was still the long street full of familiar noises. And one day something unexpected happened. I stood at “our” place and smiled in memory of my childhood. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice. ,, May!” A boy with a familiar face screamed and then I realized it : It was Nate. I nearly cried I never thought that I would see him again. I never said Thank you to him , he safed me from my sadness and loneliness he pulled me out of the dark and showed me the light of this world. He showed me how beautiful our world can be. And because of him I learned that even if everything goes wrong we just have to believe in our dreams and that we never should give up. I know that sounds like an cliché Disney-film message but it is the truth. He ran across the street and hugged me. I hugged him back. We stood a while like this at this place. I remember that it started to snow it was like in one of my books. Minutes or maybe hours past and we stood there. For me the time stopped. Then we looked in each other faces .And he let me go. ,,I missed you so much, May.” He said. He looked older now not like a child anymore but he still was Nate Waies the boy who I meet so much years ago. ,,I missed you too “ I whisperd with tears in my eyes. I saw an old man with his wife walking down the street he pointed at us and said to his wife ,,young love, we were like this to when we were young you remember , darling?” they walked on. Love? Well we might really looked like we are in a relationship….. But that doesn’t matter. At least I got my best friend back. ,, Lets go to a café shop ! I know a very good one near this place.” I nodded and went with him. Like on the first day we met. We walked through the streets till we arrived a cute looking café shop. We got inside and looked for a table, I still know how it looked : at one table a boy with black hair and an eyepatch talked to a blond guy ,on another sat a man with black hair and an emotionless face together with a guy with green eyes and brown hair and a black haired girl. At the table next to them sat a black haired guy with purple contact lenes a brown haired guy a girl with pink hair and a little girl in a wheel chair. In a corner sat two guys one with messy hair he, sat in a weird way on his chair and ate some cake and a boy with brown hair who had a blak note book in his hands. The whole atmosphere was very nice and friendly. ,, So May tell me what happened in the last 3 years and don`t say nothing !” He said with a big smile on his face. We started to meet each other more often and soon we were best friends again. Till this evening. We sat together in a restaurant we talked about a lot of things… And then he suddenly said,, May , I love you” he looked shocked of himself ,,I … I didn`t …you don`t have to…I..” he stuttered. I smiled ,,I love you to Nate “ , I said. ,,I..” he wanted to say something but I didn`t let him finish his sentence ,,Shut up and kiss me” I said and he kissed me. I wish it would be like in one of my books that we lived a happily ever after and the end. But it wasn’t like that. Yeah we argued sometimes yes we sometimes almost broke up with each other but that wasn`t the matter. That are problems we all have at least we were not Like the persons in my books. We were just humans. It was our live. Maybe we were not always perfect but we stuck together. We loved each other. And at least we went through all this problems after a down always came an up and we lived our live. And we were happy. But then the war started. In the news we heard it every day. 132 deaths .200. 345. 562. And they got more and more. But we felt safe, safe from all of this. But on a terrible day . I just came back from the university I went into our flat , Nates and mine, and found him with a sad look on his face. ,,May .”,he said. ,, I am so sorry. I have to go to the military .” I was shocked. Then I hugged him and started crying into his shirt. We hold each other in our arms for hours. We both know that he could die. And that there is nothing we could do about it. Days past and then the day came on that he had to go. ,,I`ll comeback. I promise you I’ll comeback. I love you !” he said” he said. ,,I love you to Nate.” He got on the solider bus. ;; and never forget Don`t give up. This world is to beautiful to be sad and ignore this fact. There is always a Light in the dark.” And then he was gone. In the weeks that past without a message from him were like hell to me . And in the end I was right. I never saw him again. After weeks a letter arrived: Dear miss Bright I am afraid I have to tell you that Mr .Waise died on the battle field. We are.. I didn’t read on . I burned the letter. And then I cried. That was my story with Nate Waise. And it all begun with 4 boy and one girl who were sitting on a street and got friends. If happy ever afters did exsist then nothing of these things would happen. All these fairytails are full of shit. It was great maybe the best times of my life. Now I am in the street where it all begun. My eyes are full of tears. I looked up from the ground but what I see surprise me. A few children, 4 boys sat at our old place deep in their games. They laugh, scream and talk. They look like us sitting on the street. Smiling . Argue. I wonder what happened to Louise Lionel and Nick. I miss Nate very much. But when I look at these kids I know that this is notan end this is just a beginning . Maybe I lost one of the importainest persons in my life. But I shouldn’t care about what I lost. I learned something from him. That There is always a light in the dark. That is the last thing he said to me. And it is the truth there is always a reason to smile. I think he kind of changed me. When I met him I was a shy little girl hurt from this big bad world. I look back to the children they have luck. I am sure that their stories will go on. For them life will be an adventure. Maybe they`ll change the world or just one person. Like Nate changed me. But their stories will start like ours: children who are playing on a street.

Louiza Laout


No comments:

Post a Comment